Full Stack PHP/Wordpress Developer
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack PHP/Wordpress Developer to add to the Digital Sapien Interactive team. We’ll need your talent to (1) develop new web based tools (2) perform front-end and back-end web development (3) identify and evaluate new technologies that we may deploy in our company (4) manage our server (5) and secure our infrastructure. The successful candidate will be effective in working in agile environments as well as working independently, thinks in terms of infrastructure scaleability, will proactively look for solutions, and have the ability to explain programming and networking concepts to nontechnical people.
- Set-up and maintain a development/staging area for website/application development and testing.
- Develop back-end components, connect applications with the other third-party applications via API and web services.
- Develop and integrate plugins for certain popular frameworks
- Recommend the best pathway to achieve a task or complete a project whether that to code a solution in-house, use an open source solution, etc.
- Install opensource scripts or proprietary web applications on the server as needed
- Design database tables, schemas and queries using MySQL
- Communicate project status and deliverables with managers and primary stakeholders
- Perform routine site maintenance as needed
- Debugging of web applications
- Minimal Bachelor Degree in computer science, information technology, software engineering or related field.
- +4 years of experience working in WordPress including set-up, plugin, development, theme development and administration
- Working knowledge of WooCommerce preferred
- Experience using Apache, Linux, and CPanel, and WHM
- Strong spoken and written English skills.
- Working knowledge of jQuery / Ajax / JSON / RESTful / WSDL web services preferred
- Experience in SEO a plus, but not required
- Understanding of MVC design patterns and knowledge of object oriented PHP programming
- Analytical, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- A self-directed individual with a sense of what needs to be done and operates with urgency, focus and discipline.
- Has excellent communication skills — written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal and ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people.